Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Date to Remember?: Chapter 4 - The Date Part 3 (Yong Hwa's Way)


It was almost 8pm when they reached the next destination of their date.



Shin Hye: Ediya Coffee?

Yong Hwa: Ne.

Shin Hye: Isn’t this the coffee shop we shoot in Heartstrings?

Yong Hwa: Ne. (He winks) Gaja!

They went inside the coffee shop followed by the MBC staffs and camera man.
You(The Reader)'s POV: A coffee shop where they shoot in Heartstrings? Hmmm… I wonder what he plans to do here.
Yong Hwa takes their order… two Café Americano and cheesecakes. Shin Hye wants to sit somewhere that people won’t really see them but Yong Hwa leads her to the same spot that they sit during their Heartstrings shoot.



Shin Hye: I thought we’ll only drink coffee for a few minutes?

Yong Hwa: Ne.

Shin Hye: Then why did you order cheesecake?

Yong Hwa: Hmmm… (He looked at her while holding his nape)

Shin Hye: What?

Yong Hwa: Actually I feel hungry already. After that bike ride and walk, I felt like all the foods that we ate during lunch and at cinema are all burned up already.

Shin Hye: Mwo? Does that mean I’m too heavy that’s why you have to exert too much effort when you pedal the bike? (She said with a sad tone and pouts)

Yong Hwa: Aniyo. That’s not what I meant. I just really get hungry easily when I’m doing things.

Shin Hye: Is this date causing you to exert too much of your time and energy Yong? We can stop here already if you’re tired.

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye-ah… (He holds her hand) I’m not tired. I will never get tired of doing things that will make you happy. Don’t think that doing this date is a waste of my time. This date is really special and exerting a lot of effort is a must at this time.



Shin Hye: Chincha?

Yong Hwa: We won’t have another chance like this. So, I’ll do all my best to make this date perfect. And this is also the best birthday present I could think of giving you. If this date will make you happy, I’ll be happy too. (He looked at her) Tell me, are you enjoying the date so far?

Shin Hye: Ne. Yong, Gomawo. (She smiles) This date may have happened because of the dating game. But what you have done so far really made it more special. I really appreciate everything. You don’t know how happy I am right now.


You(The Reader) who is just a few seats from them saw everything and can't stop giggling.

You(The Reader): Awwww… so sweet of Yong Hwa.

Camera Man 2: Yah! you can you keep quiet.

You(The Reader): Wae-yo? Because they will hear my voice?

Camera Man 2: Aniyo. You’re too noisy I can’t here them properly. (He winks at her)

You(The Reader): Omo! Don’t tell me you’re also a Dooley now?

The camera man 2 just smile at her. You(The Reader) noticed that he wasn’t filming the whole moment at all. She looked at the other camera man. He just came back from the restroom.

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa are enjoying their coffee and cheesecakes when suddenly the coffee shop staff put three chairs on the empty space besides them.

Shin Hye: What are these seats for?

Yong Hwa: I don’t know.

Then they heard a strum of the guitar.  

Shin Hye: Who’s playing the guitar? Yong?

Yong Hwa: Mwo? Don’t look at me like that. (He avoids eye contact with her)

Shin Hye: Are you sure?

Before he could answer, the sound of the guitar became louder and soon the guy playing the guitar came with two other guys.



Shin Hye: Jong Hyun? Min Hyuk? Jung Shin? What are you doing here?

Jong Hyun: Well… (He looks at Yong Hwa) Let’s just say we want to be part of this special event.

Shin Hye: Mwo?

Jung Shin: This is the first date of our leader and fifth member.

Min Hyuk: And we wouldn’t miss the chance to witness and be part of this date.

Shin Hye; Chincha?!

Jong Hyun/Min Hyuk/Jung Shin: Ne!

Shin Hye: Jung Yong Hwa-ssi…

Yong Hwa: De?!

Shin Hye: Are you sure you don’t know this?

Yong Hwa: Araso. I told them to sing for us during our date. But other than I don’t know what they will be doing. Even the song that they will sing I don’t know.

Shin Hye: Chincha?

Min Hyuk: Noona, Hyung only knew that we’ll sing on your date.

Jong Hyun: He doesn’t know our repertoire.

Shin Hye: Mwo? You mean it’s not only one song.

Jung Shin: Ne, each of us prepared something. I didn’t bring my bass. I’ll use this tambourine instead.

They take their seats and Min Hyuk starts it first.

Min Hyuk: This is a date of two brightest stars. So, I guess it’s just right if I sing this song.

Jong Hyun plays the guitar, Jung Shin accompanied it with the tambourine while Min Hyuk sings and plays the drum (A/N: the same drum he used in Heartstrings)


Star that shines in the sky
Star that shines far away from me
Seems like you came down to my heart

Star engraved in my heart
Star that shines in my heart
I think that might be you

Can you hear a quavering voice? Oh star
Can you feel my passionate heart? You’re my star

From a very long time ago
I know that you are the love I’ve been dreaming of
Let us always be together
Even if time passes
(hope that you) Always shine on the same place
My heart, will only be given to you

Can you hear a quavering voice? Oh star
Can you feel my passionate heart? you’re my star

From a long time ago
I know that you are the love I’ve been dreaming of
Let us always be together
Even if time passes
(hope that you) Always shine on the same place
My heart, will only be given to you

The star engraved in your heart
The star that shines in your heart, I hope that is me
Forever I will love you

My eyes will only look at you oh
oh will you only look at me too
Let us be each other’s star

Shin Hye: Awww… I love it Min Hyuk. I’ve heard you sing it before in Heartstrings and during your concert but I can’t explain what I'm feeling right now.

Min Hyuk: Chincha?! Gomawo Eonni. Just like the last line of the song. I hope you both will stay and be each others star.

Yong Hwa: Mwo? (He almost spit out his coffee)

Shin Hye: Gwaenchana?

Yong Hwa: Ne. (He look at Min Hyuk with a “what do you mean by that look”) Yah! What do you mean be each others star?

Min Hyuk: You and Noona are friends right?

Yong Hwa: Ne.

Min Hyuk: Then, is there something wrong if you’ll be each others star?

Yong Hwa: Aniyo.

Min Hyuk: Then why are you surprise when I said that I hope you’ll stay and be each others star?

Yong Hwa: Ah… (He doesn’t know what to tell him)
Yong Hwa’s POV: Aissh… Why did I feel surprise when he said that?
Shin Hye is looking at him, waiting for his response too.
Shin Hye’s POV: Is there really something wrong with that Yong?
Min Hyuk: What Hyung?

Yong Hwa: I was just surprise because that song is about a guy telling how much he loved the girl. So, I can’t connect it with Shin Hye and me.

Jung Shin: Is that so Hyung? But why would you think that it can’t be connected with you and Shin Hye Noona?

Yong Hwa: Because… Yah! Are you implying something?

Jung Shin: Hyung, I didn’t say something like that. What I asked you is why did you think it’s not connected with you and Shin Hye Noona?

Yong Hwa: And aren’t you implying something with that?

Jung Shin: Aniyo. What do you think I am implying then?

Yong Hwa: That I would want to be her star.

Jung Shin: You want to be her star?

Yong Hwa: Ne.

Jung Shin: So, what’s wrong if you want to be his star?
Yong Hwa’s POV: Omo! What did I say just now? (He paused and looked at them)
Shin Hye: There’s nothing wrong if he wants to be my star. We are friends. I think that’s the main reason. I would love to be his star too. (She looked at him and smiles)
Shin Hye’s POV: Why do you find it hard to answer Yong? You just have to tell them that we are friends. Unless… Aniyo it’s not like that.
Jong Hyun: So, we are settled with that star issue now. Jung Shin, shall we start your song then.

Jung Shin: Ne.
You(The Reader)'s POV: Is it really settled already? I don’t think so. (She smirked)
Shin Hye: Jung Shin, will you be singing You’ve Fallen for Me?

Jung Shin: Aniyo Eonni. I’ll sing you something that will remind you of Lee Jung Shin and not of Lee Shin. (He looked at Yong Hwa and smiles mischievously)

Yong Hwa: Yah! And what do you mean by that?

Jung Shin: Nothing Hyung. (He signals Jong Hyun to start the song)

Jong Hyun sings some parts of the song with Jung Shin.



Something like in the sky
Uh... I can't define
But certain thang in my heart, you know I can realize
Like fairy tale I heard
Precious thing in my hood
Tell me how you feel, what what? uh same I do

Something like a toy I got
Yeah, I can remind
My love is shining in my heart, it is so clear and mind
Like fairy tale I heard
Precious things in my hood
Tell me how you feel, what what?

I want you in my life (in the castle, in the air)
I want you kiss me everyday (I take your hand, my dear)
I want you in my life (I don't want you fly away)
I want you smiling at me everyday (You're my dreaming days)
If your love won't stay with me forever
I'll be loving you, whenever
You in my life (tell me everything's alright)
I wanna be your shining light, Forever

Holdin' my pillow tight
Oh girl, I can smile
You are the part of my place, I don't tell you a lie
You're every breath I take
You're every step I make
It's not a fake thang my love, oh let me remind you

I'm feeling it inside
The heaven in the sky
You are the part of my life, girl it's not a lie
Rolling down to my bed
Gather and through my head
It's not a fake thang my love

I want you in my life (in the castle, in the air)
I want you kiss me everyday (I take your hand, my dear)
I want you in my life (I don't want you fly away)
I want you smiling at me everyday (You're my dreaming days)
If your love won't stay with me forever
I'll be loving you, whenever
You in my life (tell me everything's alright)
I wanna be your shining light

I don't wanna make your love an illusion
I believe in you, don't tell me lies
I don't wanna make your love an illusion
Baby girl, your love is so true
I don't wanna let you go

(One, two, three, four) I want you in my life (in the castle, in the air)
I want you kiss me everyday (I take your hand, my dear)
I want you in my life (I don't want you fly away)
I want you smiling at me everyday (You're my dreaming days)
If your love won't stay with me forever
I'll be loving you, whenever
You in my life (Tell me everything's alright)
I wanna be your shining light... Its' right

Shin Hye: That was Jung Shin’s song. From now on, every time I will hear that song I will always remember you.

Jung Shin: Gomawo Noona. You like it?

Shin Hye: Ne. I really like it.

Jung Shin: Which one you like best? You’ve Fallen for Me or Love Revolution?

Shin Hye: Since, You’ve Fallen for Me is more associated with Lee Shin. I think I’ll choose Love Revolution for you.

Jung Shin: Chincha?! Noona, from now on every time you see us perform Love Revolution, always remember that my performance for this song is for you.

Shin Hye: Awww… so sweet of you.

Yong Hwa noticed that Shin Hye and Jung Shin were so comfortable talking to each other that they ignored them. So he did a fake cough. He was successful with that as Shin Hye noticed him.

Shin Hye: Yong gwaenchana?

Jung Shin knew that Yong Hwa did that to catch the attention of Shin Hye who was busy talking to him.

Jung Shin: I think she’s fine Noona. Maybe it’s just a case of minor jealousy. (He smirked)

Yong Hwa: Mwo? Who is jealous?

Jung Shin: Oh! You don’t know who is jealous? Do you know Min Hyuk?

Min Hyuk: I think Lee Shin.

Jong Hyun: Aniyo, its Shin Woo.

Yong Hwa: Yah! I am not jealous?

Shin Hye: Yong, they didn’t say you’re jealous. I didn’t heard them mentioned your name.

Yong Hwa: But they mentioned Lee Shin and Shin Woo.

Shin Hye: And so?

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye-ah, I am Lee Shin and Shin Woo.

Shin Hye: And? (She looks at him as if she’s telling him “you’re too obvious already”)

Yong Hwa:  Araso. I’ll admit it. I’m jealous. (He bow his head, feeling embarrass)

Shin Hye: Wae-yo? (She smiled and looks at Min Hyuk, Jung Shin and Jong Hyun)

Yong Hwa: Because you’re too comfortable talking to Jung Shin. Like you almost forget that I am here too… your date. (He said with his head still bow down)

Shin Hye: Aigoo Yong. You are my date, so there’s nothing to be jealous of. I’m just appreciating what Jung Shin did to make this date memorable. And remember you asked them to do this. 

Yong Hwa looked at Shin Hye and then to his fellow band mates.

Yong Hwa: Mianhe.

Jung Shin: Hyung, we understand that.

Jong Hyun: Actually we’re used to that. We know that when it comes to…

Yong Hwa gave him a “stop it” look.

Shin Hye: Comes to what Jong Hyun?

Jong Hyun: When it comes to things like this he’s really a bit sensitive and jealous.

Shin Hye: Oh. I agree with you... the ever jealous Jung Yong Hwa.
You(Reader)'s POV: Really Jong Hyun? Only when he's taken for granted or only with Shin Hye(She pouts)
Yong Hwa turned to his right and saw the reflection of you who is looking at them and pouting.
Yong Hwa’s POV: Omo! How could I forget that she’s here. I should be more careful. I’m sure she didn’t believe on what Jong Hyun said.
Min Hyuk: Hyung, it’s now your time to sing. (He said to Jong Hyun)

Jong Hyun: Ne.

Shin Hye: What will you sing Jong Hyun? Will you sing my favourite song “Love Rides the Rain” or is it “Teardrops in the Rain”?
Yong Hwa’s POV: Yah! Jong Hyun, don’t you dare sing those songs now. I already allowed you yesterday. Don’t do it again today.
You(Reader)'s POV: Looks like Yong Hwa doesn’t want Jong Hyun to sing those songs. Jealous again? What will he be singing?

All photos, videos and lyrics used: Special thanks to the rightful owner and uploader.

No comments:

Post a Comment