Sunday, May 4, 2014

Our Hearts Harmony: Chapter 3 - Third Week (Because I Miss You)


(Recording studio scene)

Narrator: Kalm Down were in the recording studio. All the while, as Patrick was listening to Ben recording his part, he thought about the matter.


Patrick (Hyun Jin’s voice-over): Hmmm... What a small world. Kevin and Samantha in the same school in middle school. Then Gwen and me. Samantha and Kevin were lovers, but he broke up with her... And Gwen confessed to me back then, but I rejected her. Could it be that all along, without my knowledge and without Samantha’s knowledge, Kevin and Gwen had been dating after he and Sam broke up? I feel sorry for my little sister, and all I have to do as her oppa is to get revenge. It is my duty to seek revenge. And to do that, I will flirt with Gwen and steal her from Kevin to break his heart. That is what I should do!
Narrator: And so started Patrick’s plan of breaking the two apart. After practices (recording studio rolled out, president’s office in next scene), Patrick went to Rain’s office. Patrick can very well get to the president’s office because they were second-degree cousins, and Patrick only became a member of Kalm Down not because he had some great talent, just a strong connection. Rain listened to Patrick’s suggestion, and he readily agreed without knowing why.

(lights off, and lights on to see a classroom setting)

The next thing Gwen and Kevin knew during their training, Gwen was picked to be part of Strings Harmony, which is a duo, but she would be paired with another trainee.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Ssaem (to Gyuri, who is teacher), Kevin...will not be my partner?

Music Teacher (Gyuri): (looks at list) Yes. (turns to Yong Hwa, who was disappointed) Kevin, the management wants you to train more. They are also contemplating on whether you should get surgery for your throat.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Sur...gery?

Other students: (groans and murmurs)

Music Teacher (Gyuri): (to Shin Hye) Your partner will be Henry Kang, who had been a trainee for two years now. If you want, you can approach Michael Park of Kalm Down to introduce you to him. They are best friends, you know.

Other students: Aww... Michael-oppa? Gwen is lucky!

Gwen (Shin Hye): N...ne...

Narrator: Gwen looked at the sad Kevin, who congratulated her for going to debut first. She felt sad for him because it had been their dream together to be a duo until they make it to the top.


(Roll out portable classroom setting, with some chairs on stage, music room style.)

Narrator: Gwen entered the music room to see Michael and another guy on the keyboard.


Gwen (Shin Hye): Annyeonghaseyo?

Michael (Won Bin): Annyeong? 

Henry (Jong Hun): Annyeonghaseyo? You must be Gwen Kim.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Ne... Pangapseumnida.

Henry (Jong Hun): I am Henry Kang. Michael and I are best buddies.

Narrator: Gwen sat beside Henry because Michael told her to.

Michael (Won Bin): (to Gwen) I had seen in your school profile that you also play the guitar.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Ne. A friend taught me how to play the guitar.

Michael (Won Bin): That is good. You can play the guitar and Henry does the keyboard while you both sing. However, he is also training on playing the guitar.

Gwen (Shin Hye): (turns to Jong Hun) Chongmalyo?

Henry (Jong Hun): (blushing) Ne...

Michael (Won Bin): Our Henry is a really talented chap! He can sing, play the keyboard, and soon the guitars... What else can he not do?

Henry (Jong Hun): To dance.

Michael (Won Bin): (laughs) Ahahah, of course, you are just like us, and we do not dance.

Narrator: The rest of Kalm Down came in, with Ben having a silly smile on his face.

Ben (Taecyeon): (To Jong Hun) Oi, Henry Kang, take care of my sister, araso? (To Gwen), Ya~~ you should really be careful of this Henry Kang. He is a girl-killer and when he gets his smooth moves on you, *whack* you will instantly fall for him!

Gwen (Shin Hye): You are so mean to me, Oppa!

Henry (Jong Hun): (to Shin Hye) That is not true. Ben-hyung is only joking.

Narrator: And she suddenly glanced accidentally at Patrick, who winked at her slyly.
Gwen (Shin Hye’s voice-over): What to do? Why is Patrick-oppa like this?
Narrator: From that day onwards, Gwen and Henry practiced every day. Because they got to be close, Henry fell in love with her even more. But his love for her was deeper than everyone thought.

(Actors acting the scene)

Narrator: However, Henry was often desperate and angry, most especially if Patrick would barge in the music room after practice sessions just to give them coffee, often giving the tastiest Irish latte to Gwen. Gwen felt uneasy but a bit flattered that the crush who rejected her before slowly opened up to her and was being caring.

Not to be outdone, Henry would take Gwen for a ride home, and even pick her up in the mornings for practice. For two years, Gwen would be in a tug-of-war, being hauled here and there by Henry and Patrick, who were vying for her attention. One was doing it for love, one for revenge. It was also difficult for Michael because of his connection with the two.

But all the while, Kevin, who was silently training for a chance to debut, was looking from the side but could not even get near Gwen to fight for what he had been feeling all along.

(setting: Shin Hye and Jong Hun on stage, only with mike, keyboard, and guitar as props, like in a school concert)


Song is “Goodbye, My Love” by 8Eight

Henry (Jong Hun):
I wonder if you’ll simply ask me why it’s a letter
When messages on mini homepages are more common
Firmly, I pick up my pen.. just in case I can’t convey my heart
I feel like I can’t do this any other way
It was really hard. When I loved you,
Nothing happened the way I wanted it to
I keep promising myself to stop bothering you
Even though I wait until death, you won’t come

Gwen (Shin Hye): 
Goodbye, my love. I’ll let you go now.
The remembrances and the memories, I’ll forget them all
I’ll erase and erase and empty out every drop of love
from my heart...

(lights out, lights on, office setting)

Narrator: After the concert, the duo was being called by Rain into his office. The two sat across the president, who looked at them in a stoic manner.


Rain (Jaejoong): I can say I am impressed with your duo, like Sandy and Junior, or even M2M... However... I feel something lacking.

Henry (Jong Hun): What is it?

Rain (Jaejoong): Do you think you need a little kick? Like some spice to enhance the flavor of food? You know? (points at Jong Hun) Since you have been practicing in playing the guitars, I guess we can make the melody of your songs more acoustic.

Henry (Jong Hun): Ne, but Sajangnim, is the keyboard compatible with guitars to make it acoustic? Or are we both going to play the guitar?

Rain (Jaejoong): Ne. You will both be playing the guitar. I will hold an audition for a guitarist, one who can also sing. That will be an advantage for you. The three of you sing, but two will be the main vocals (Gets in discussion mode) You, Henry, play the  guitar and be the back singer. We all know that your voice is really not yet that good to blend with Gwen, so for now you will be the back up first and later on we will see how it goes. Gwen will continue to be the lead vocalist and play the guitar. The third be the lead guitarist, if he or she is better than you and Gwen. At the same time he or she will be second vocalist will play the guitar and  He could be a rhythm guitarist and a lead guitarist. As you know, your group's name is "Strings Harmony" which means harmonious sound from an instrument with strings, and that is the guitar. I want your group to be the first one whose member all play one instrument. I want you show them that a good music with the use of guitar alone is enough to capture their hearts.

Narrator: Henry and Gwen looked at each other, then back at the president.

Gwen (Shin Hye) & Henry (Jong Hun): Ne...algesseumnida... (bow)

(lights off, then up, with bulletin board on stage)

Narrator: Jimmy passed by the campus bulletin board while whistling a tune.


Jimmy (Siwon): (turns) Hmmmm... Mwo? This is gonna be good! (snatches phone and dials. Then speaks) Kevin, I think I have found something that might bring your dreams to reality. Please meet me at...

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (walking towards Siwon) Hyung! I see you.

Jimmy (Siwon): I see you too! Hahaha (hangs up).

Kevin (Yong Hwa): What is it, Hyung?

Jimmy (Siwon): (points at the bulletin board) See?

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (reads) Audition? For a guitarist?

Jimmy (Siwon): Give it a shot. After all, I know you would rather be with Gwen. (smirks)

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (flustered)... Hyung!

Jimmy (Siwon): Aish, you think I was born yesterday...Aigoo... I know you have feelings for her. Stop feeling sorry, and do not think about letting go of things that are important to you. 

Kevin (Yong Hwa): I... I might not get the part.

Jimmy (Siwon): So? At least you tried. Ya~~~, do not be like Samantha, huh? She was bitter and could not get over you even if you cared for her as a sister. And what is she doing now? She is not even chasing after her dream to be a singer because of her bitterness. I don’t know if she just might regret it. So stop hesitating and join! You might get it.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Ne... 

Narrator: Yong Hwa continued reading the mechanics of the audition, and decided to give it a try.

(out with the bulletin board, in with the music room setup)

Narrator: Meanwhile, Henry was out when Patrick came in, holding two cups of Irish latte. Gwen was busy practicing some songs on the keyboard to even notice.

Patrick (Hyun Jin): Annyeong?

Gwen (Shin Hye): (turns) Patrick-oppa! Annyeonghaseyo?

Patrick (Hyun Jin): (hands a cup to her) Sooooo, how are practices? 

Gwen (Shin Hye): Fine, Oppa. I’m getting good at arranging songs... It used to be Kevin doing it for us.

Patrick (Hyun Jin): Keurae? He must be that talented.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Ne....

Patrick (Hyun Jin): I wonder why he was not taken in?

Narrator: But in reality, it was all instigated by Patrick.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Mollayo...

Patrick (Hyun Jin): Do you want to go eat lunch with me?

Gwen (Shin Hye): Oppa...I...

Samantha (Hara): Oppa!

Patrick (Hyun Jin): (turns with Shin Hye, sees a frown on Hara’s face) What is my little sister doing here?

Samantha (Hara): Why are you hanging out with Gwen-unni? I don’t want you to be hanging out with someone who stole my boyfriend from me!

Gwen (Shin Hye): (scoffs) Stole who from who? Ya!

Samantha (Hara): (crosses arms) You heard it right, Unni. Because of you, Kevin-oppa left me. Because of you, we are no longer a duo.

Gwen (Shin Hye): (scoffs) Aigoo... Look at this kid. Do you really think I stole Kevin from you? Was I there when he told you that he will not be partners with you? Why? I only met him in high school!

Samantha (Hara): Tsh... Liar! You must have been meeting him in middle school!

Gwen (Shin Hye): Middle school? I never even knew you and Kevin attended the same school to start with!

Narrator: But Patrick was tired, so he apologized to Gwen and pulled his sister out of the room. Samantha was wriggling when he explained to her in secret what he was trying to do: he was only flirting and trying to win Gwen’s attention and steal her away from Kevin, so Kevin could go back to Samantha. The bratty girl smiled and punched her oppa in the arm, thanking him for being a genius. But Patrick did not tell his sister that part of his plan to pull Kevin and Gwen apart was for Gwen to debut with another partner. He told her to audition at JJH so that she could also be a trainee with a chance to debut with Kevin in the future. He was not aware that Rain had other plans.

(the siblings exit, in came Jong Hun)

Henry (Jong Hun): Gwen? Let’s go eat.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Ne... Uh, Henry-oppa, can...can we just buy and eat here?

Henry (Jong Hun): Wae? I’d treat you to a fancy restaurant today.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Uh...chincha? Araso... I was not in the mood to eat, but when you said you’d treat me, I was alive!

Henry (Jong Hun): (pulls her close for a hug) Of course, because I will do things for you.

Gwen (Shin Hye): (pushes him gently) Oppa... Why are you being like this?

Henry (Jong Hun): Just let me...

Gwen (Shin Hye): Huh? Oh... araso...
Henry (Jong Hun’s voice-over): I am opening up my heart to you. I hope you’ll open up for me too.
Narrator: They did not know that Ben saw it all. So it was true. The things that Patrick complained about were true. Ben likes Henry too, but he felt that his sister would rather be with Kevin.


(Lights off, then on focus on Yong Hwa with his guitar to sing "Because I Miss You")


Always under exactly the same sky, always exactly the same day
Other than your not being here, there’s nothing different at all

I just want to smile, want to forget everything
Just like absolutely nothing has happened, smiling to live my days
Miss you, miss you so much, because I miss you so much
Everyday all by myself, calling and calling you

Want to see you, want to see you, because I want to see you so much
Now it’s like I have this habit, keep calling out your name
It’s the same today

I thought I’d let go, not leaving anything behind
No, no, now I still can’t let you go
Miss you, miss you so much, because I miss you so much
Everyday all by myself, calling and calling you

Want to see you, want to see you, because I want to see you so much
Now it’s like I have this habit, keep calling out your name
It’s the same today

Everyday, everyday, it feels like I’m gonna die, what should I do?

Love you, love you, I love you
I hadn’t even spoken the words, I just let you go

Sorry, sorry, do you hear my words
My late confession, can you hear it
I love you


All photos and videos used: Special thanks to the rightful owner and uploader.

No comments:

Post a Comment