Sunday, May 4, 2014

Our Hearts Harmony: Chapter 2 - Second Week (Not Only Friends)


Narrator: Gwen and Kevin, however, continued to practice with the hope that they will make it despite not being able to graduate from SOPA or School Of Performing Arts, a renowned Korean high school where stars are born.

(Lights off, then on)

(We see Yong Hwa and Shin Hye wearing fashionable yet mature clothing befitting college students. The two of them are in front of a classroom setting, Shin Hye singing and Yong Hwa playing the guitar, with a teacher grading them, and students listening to them in a portable classroom setup.)

Insert song : Lucky


Narrator: Indeed, the two applied at Chung Ang-dae, for there were courses related to the arts and music. They studied harder even if they were up against the SOPA graduates. To show that they were worth it, they sang on school celebrations and had gigs at bars every Saturdays.

(lights still on, but portable classroom setting was removed by staff. A marquee from behind lights up, with the words “JJH Academy.” Yong Hwa and Shin Hye stood a little off from the center.)

(note: JJH Academy is fictional, while Chung Ang and SOPA are real institutions.)

Narrator: During their third year in the university, they had heard about a school that Hallyu star Rain (Yong Hwa and Shin Hye looking at the marquee in adoration) had put up some two years ago, and it had produced stars more brighter than those that came from either SOPA or Chung Ang. The JJH Academy (after Jung Ji Hoon, Rain’s birth name) was the one that they thought could land them on the moon rather than just land among the stars.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Imagine graduating from JJH Academy.

Gwen (Shin Hye): This will land us closer to our dreams.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Ani. It will land us to our dreams.

(lights off, then on, with the setting of Yong Hwa and Shin Hye standing in front of four persons sitted on chairs with a long conference table.)


Narrator: During audition, Rain himself was there, and so were three renowned Hallyu personalities who were the masters of audition themselves: Park Jin Young of JYP Entertainment, Jang Geun Suk, and Bae Yong Joon from KeyEast. 

Jin Young (Director Lee): Well, well, well. So you are not from SOPA, but you are earning money well every Saturday.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Ne.

Jin Young (Director Lee): (looks at record again) Gwen Kim?

Gwen (Shin Hye): (raises hands) Ne.

Jin Young (Director Lee): Kevin Lee?

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Ne (raises hands).

Geun Suk (Hong Ki): What will you sing for us today?

Gwen (Shin Hye): We will sing “All I Ask Of You.” 

Yong Joon (Seung Gi): I love that song!

Narrator: But Rain was simply silent. He wanted his other judges to talk while he observed the non-verbal cues the two auditionees were having. Kevin sat down and began strumming (sits and strums), then their voices resonated beautiful across the whole room. Rain gaped. Jin Young had a look of shock, like seeing an angel. Geun Suk shed tears, and Yong Joon got pensive. The duo’s voices blended beautifully, that husky voice sounding nicely with a crystal clear voice, like a flute joining beautifully with an electric guitar.


Kevin (Yong Hwa):
Let me be your shelter
Let me be your light
You're safe, no one will find you
Your fears are far behind you

Gwen (Shin Hye):
All I want is freedom
A world with no more night
And you, always beside me
To hold me and to hide me

Kevin (Yong Hwa) & Gwen (Shin Hye)
Then say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime
Let me lead you from your solitude
Say you'll need me with you here, beside you
Anywhere you go let me go too
That's all I ask of you

Narrator: After the song, all but Rain clapped, for he was still observing the two. The three held praises when Rain finally stood up.


Rain (Jaejoong): I had not seen someone who can captivate the soul until now. You’re in.

Narrator: Kevin and Gwen lit up smiles, got up, and bowed. They exchanged high-fives too, much to the amusement of the judges. When the two went out of the audition room (the two walking some distances away), Kevin gave her a hug so tight that her heart almost fell from her rib cage.

(Yong Hwa was so happy to hug her, like the times when they were having their rehearsal. But today, Shin Hye felt that Yong Hwa’s hug was real, not scripted.)

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (in a whisper) Gwen, I am so happy, do you know? This could be the start of our dreams.

Gwen (Shin Hye): (nods) Ne...
Gwen (Shin Hye’s voice-over): This could be the chance that I can forever be with you...
(lights off, then on. We see lots of students roaming around the campus, with Shin Hye and Yong Hwa gaping at the vastness of the school lobby.)

Narrator: Kevin knew that Jimmy studied here, but he did not use his hyung’s influence to get in. He had heard so much about Kalm Down, a ballad boy group of which Jimmy was in. Jimmy was already in fourth year of college, and they already debut some three months ago. Despite being a rookie group, their songs had topped charts. Many people compared them to DBSK or 2AM, but Kalm Down was soon making names of their own. Gwen, however, took some form of dislike for Kalm Down despite the fact that Jimmy and her own oppa, Ben, were there because a certain member, Samantha’s elder brother, was an embarrassing part of her past. Kevin adored Samantha’s brother, Patrick even if the boy group member was aloof at the soon-to-be trainee.

(library scene)

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Hyung, annyeonghaseyo?

Gwen (Shin Hye): Jimmy-oppa, annyeonghaseyo?

Jimmy (Siwon): Annyeong? 

Kevin (Yong Hwa): How’s life being popular? (teases his hyung)

Jimmy (Siwon): (sighs like he is so tired) Ah, so hectic. (perks up) I’ll call them first.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Araso.

Narrator: Jimmy called out his three buddies, who were busy signing autographs for the college librarian. One came in first (Taecyeon comes in).


Gwen (Shin Hye): Oppa!!!! (runs and hugs Taecyeon)

Ben (Taecyeon): Annyeong, Gwen? (hugs her tight)

Gwen (Shin Hye): How are you, Oppa? It’s been months since we have seen each other personally. Umma said you rarely come home.

Ben (Taecyeon): That is because we are in a dorm. Don’t you know?

Jimmy (Siwon): Such as small world, is it not? Aish, Kevin is my hoobae back in middle school, and when I got to know Gwen in her high school years, I got to know you too, Bro (to Taecyeon). Aish, I never realize we will be in the same group!

Ben (Taecyeon): Destiny much?

Narrator: Another came in, and Kevin and Gwen bowed politely.


Kevin (Yong Hwa): (in fan mode) Michael-ssi (to Won Bin), I am a great fan of yours!

Michael (Won Bin): Keurae? Kamsahamnida. (signs the paper Yong Hwa gives him). (To Siwon and Taecyeon) I think I will be out of place.

Ben (Taecyeon): Wae?

Michael (Won Bin): Because you know each other personally. You, Ben-ah, are Gwen’s oppa. Jimmy-ya is Kevin’s sunbae in middle school. And you said that when Gwen and Kevin became BFF and duo in high school, you guys get to know each other too. Aish... That really makes me an outcast.

Jimmy (Siwon): Don’t feel bad, Michael. It is bad for leaders to worry. (winks)

Narrator: A third person (Hyun Jin), approached the group.


Jimmy (Siwon): Kevin, you remember Patrick, right?

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (looks awkwardly but politely at Hyun Jin, who looks at him coldly) Ne... He is Samantha’s oppa. Annyeonghaseyo, Hyung?

Patrick (Hyun Jin): Annyeong. It is good to see again my little sister’s former partner. (Yong Hwa smiled politely, but walking on eggshells) My sister told me many interesting things about you.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (sour face) Ah...keuraeyo? 

Narrator: Gwen cringed again. Patrick was her second crush next to Kevin, and she had confessed her love for him back in middle school, but got rejected. She was to shocked to even greet Patrick politely. Patrick looked at Gwen coolly before smiling.

Patrick (Hyun Jin): It is good to see you here, Gwen Kim.

Jimmy (Siwon): So...you know each other? (shocked)

Patrick (Hyun Jin): Ne. She is my hoobae in middle school. (Shin Hye looks at him with a sour look on her face). (Back to Yong Hwa) And you and Gwen are friends...?

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Ne.... We...we had been friends since high school.

Patrick (Hyun Jin): That’s good to know. Such a small world!

Jimmy (Siwon): (points a finger at Taecyeon) Ya, you never told me your little sister knows Patrick!

Ben (Taecyeon): (embraces his sister again while talking to Siwon) We attended different schools, remember? She only told me about you and Kevin and about the duo in school. Also, (looks fondly at Hyun Jin), I only get to meet Patrick here at JJH. (Back at Shin Hye and ruffles her hair) Aigoo...my little sister is secretive.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Oppa! (frowns, very embarrassed)

Narrator: Michael, the leader of the group, told the two neophytes that they needed to go ahead and practice, and the group did. Kevin and Gwen looked at them pensively, most especially at Patrick.


Kevin (Yong Hwa): So, you and Patrick-hyung know each other?

Gwen (Shin Hye): Ne...

Kevin (Yong Hwa): He looks at you so strangely, and I got a bad feeling about it.

Gwen (Shin Hye): (looks at Yong Hwa) Mwo? Wae?

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Keunyang... I just have this weird feeling that you were linked with him back then.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Ne?

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (turns to her) So, you know Samantha back then even before I told you she was my partner in middle school?

Gwen (Shin Hye): N...ne....

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (sighs while facing the audience) No wonder she was asking if I courted you. She was extremely jealous when she saw the two of us with Jimmy-hyung back at the tteokbokki stand that day... I thought she was merely jealous because I used to be together with her, and then, it’s you and me who got famous in our high school days. (looks back at Shin Hye) We are best friends, but it seems you are hiding a lot from me.

Gwen (Shin Hye): (looks apologetically) M...mianhae...

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (looks worried) Kwaenchana? Wae geurae (What’s wrong)?

Gwen (Shin Hye): Can...can I tell you a deep secret I have?

Narrator: And so, Gwen began to narrate to him that she had confessed her feelings for Patrick back in middle school because she had idolized him so much, as hoobaes always do to sunbaes. And because in her young recklessness, she was trying so hard to get close to him, which was why she also got to know the bratty Samantha, who hated her guts. And after being rejected by Patrick, Gwen did not even want to see Samantha anymore because she would also be reminded of her unrequited love for Patrick.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): No wonder she hated you so much... First for clinging to her oppa, and next for being close to me.

Narrator: Kevin held her hand and squeezed it tightly.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): No more secrets between us, araso? And don’t worry about Samantha. She was just my partner and she is like a little sister to me. Don’t worry so much about Samantha, and do not worry about Patrick, huh?

Gwen (Shin Hye): (soft voice) Ara...ara...

(Lights off, then on. Jong Hun is sitting on a stool with his guitar singing "Not Only Friends")



There's no use of regretting now
There's no use of holding on now
Because you were always there
Because I got used to you- I didn't know it was love

I can't call out to you again
I won't be able to ever call out to you again
I say goodbye althought it's not what I really mean

* I guess I thought we were only friends
I thought this was only a friendship
When I'm missing you like this
When I'm so frustrated like this
I deceived my own heart like a fool

I guess we can't even be friends now
I guess this can't be just a friendship
Because when I'm next to you, when I'm looking at you
I already know it's love

You just say to forget it
You just say that this isn't it
You say let's stop this and coldly turn around

* repeat

I'm not in your heart- i'm in the flowing tears

You say let's just be friends (friends)
You say let's just call it a friendship (when I can't live without you)
Even when it hurts, even when I tear, you pretend it's not and smile

Can't you love me? Can't you hold me?
Can't you for one day, for one moment, love me?

Read more: Heartstrings OST Oh Won Bin Not Only Friends English Translation Lyrics | InfoTaip 
via infotaip.blogspot.com


All photos and videos used: Special thanks to the rightful owner and uploader.

No comments:

Post a Comment