Sunday, May 4, 2014

Our Hearts Harmony: Chapter 5 - Fifth Week (A Perfect Harmony)


Narrator: The next day, after practice, Henry was checking his guitar when Kevin requested Gwen to buy some lattes for the two of them. Gwen frowned and went away.


Henry (Jong Hun): You did it on purpose.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): I did. And I want to talk to you, man to man.

Henry (Jong Hun): I love Gwen.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Even before you came, I loved her already. I loved her for long.

Henry (Jong Hun): You think I loved her the first time we saw each other here in this academy? Everybody thinks that way. Nobody even knew I had loved her back then in middle school, when I was in the last section, and she was in the first.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (stunned) ....

Henry (Jong Hun): See? I loved her first.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): But she knew me first.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Kevin...you...

(both guys look at her)

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Gwen... I...

Gwen (Shin Hye): Mianhada, Kevin... Mianhada, Henry... (runs away)

Kevin (Yong Hwa): I’m gonna find her.

Henry (Jong Hun): And so do I.

Narrator: Both guys went out of the music room to look for her, but she was nowhere to be found. Kevin was sensible enough to reach for his phone and dial the number of his best friend but she was not answering.


Kevin (Yong Hwa): Please.... please pick up.

(lights lit up at the left side, Shin Hye crouching)

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Gwen!

(Shin Hye looks at him, stunned)


Yong Hwa: Gwen... I... (knelts and hugs her)


Gwen (Shin Hye): Kevin... you... You love me?

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Ne... I have loved you for long. I waited for years to confess, to be sure that my feelings are real. And even if we did not debut together, I never forgot you. Saranghae...

Gwen (Shin Hye): Saranghae... I was also in love with you for a long time, but I got scared... I got scared of rejection... I was traumatized with my love for Patrick-oppa... so I was afraid that you’ll not feel the same way too...

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Ani... I love you... I love you so much.


(Both look at each other. Yong Hwa leans forward, and Shin Hye closes her eyes. She is just acting the part, of course, but Yong Hwa, who had been in love with her the first time he saw her, kisses her lips softly, then passionately to show her that he really loved her, and that the kiss was not that of Kevin’s kiss to Gwen, but Yong Hwa’s kiss to Shin Hye. Shin Hye wraps her arms around him.)

(all the while, Kalm Dawn sings “Kiss Me” by Sixpence None The Richer in the background. And Jong Hun sees them kissing each other. He shows a sad face and walks out).

Narrator: The next day, the two lovers came in the music room in cloud nine, and they were holding hands. They found Henry sluggishly playing his guitar.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Henry...mianhada...

Henry (Jong Hun): Please leave us for a moment, Kevin.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Just say it while I am here.

Henry (Jong Hun): Araso... I love Gwen too, but I know she will always choose you... So I guess... I guess... I will have to give up. Chukhahae...

(Yong Hwa goes to Jong Hun and pats his shoulder)

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Komawo...

Henry (Jong Hun): I will drop my love, but if you hurt her, I will come back to hunt you down.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): No worries, I will not hurt her.

Gwen (Shin Hye): (looks at Jong Hun sadly) Kevin, can you please leave us for a bit? I think he may have something to tell me...

Henry (Jong Hun): What do you mean? That was it!

Kevin (Yong Hwa): I get it. Araso.

(Yong Hwa exits)

Henry (Jong Hun): You are right. I have some explaining to do.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Na do... I am sorry for listening to your fight yesterday...

Henry (Jong Hun): Kwaenchanha... Eventually, you will learn how the two guys in your life got to fall head over heels for you...

Gwen (Shin Hye): I am sorry for hurting your feelings.

Henry (Jong Hun): Kwaenchanha. Maybe he can give you love more than I do... You see that I am a bit of a possessive guy... I might... only hurt you.

(Shin Hye goes to him and wraps her arms around him).

Gwen (Shin Hye): Please still be friends with me, with us... You had taught me so much, in music and in love... Please... please do not leave the group.

Henry (Jong Hun): Who says I am leaving the group?

Gwen (Shin Hye): (takes out her arms) You... you won’t?

Henry (Jong Hun): Ya~~ we are trio. We are professionals. Your relationship with Kevin might be soon a public knowledge, but I know our professionalism is all that is needed to keep the trio up, araso? I am not leaving the group.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Komawo...

Narrator: Five months after Kevin and Gwen got to be lovers, Rain formally introduced the trio to the Korean population. They released their first official single, which was written by Henry and Kevin, a wonderful collaboration by the two. They also appeared in several variety shows, and fans grew by the number, both Korean and international fans.

(lights off.... then on. We see the three, with Shin Hye on the acoustic guitar and lead vocals, Yong Hwa on lead guitar and vocals, and Jong Hun on guitar and back up vocals)


Perfect Harmony
(Peformed By Rags Cast featuring Keke Palmer & Max Schneider)


Gwen (Shin Hye):
When I first saw you
Didn’t know what to think
But something about you is so interesting
I can see me and you
Being best friends
The kind of friends that finish each other’s sentences

Gwen (Shin Hye) lead & Henry (Jong Hun) back up:
When I can’t think of the right words to say
I just sing “oh oh oh)
Come on and harmonize with my melody
We’ll just sing “oh oh oh)
Ain’t it a Perfect Harmony?

Kevin (Yong Hwa):
I would of never though I’d be here with you
To start a friendship that is so brand new
It’s so amazing I have to say
Never met someone that had so much in common with me

Kevin (Yong Hwa) lead & Henry (Jong Hun) back up:
Now I can look into your eyes all day
And just say “oh oh oh)
I wanna harmonize with your melody
We’ll just sing ” oh oh oh)
Ain’t it a Perfect Harmony?

Gwen (Shin Hye):
Sometimes in your lifetime you look and search for...

Gwen (Shin Hye) & Kevin (Yong Hwa):
Someone just to care

Kevin (Yong Hwa):
Look around at it was there

Gwen (Shin Hye) & Kevin (Yong Hwa):
And we didn’t need to go no where

Gwen (Shin Hye) & Kevin (Yong Hwa) lead, Henry (Jong Hun) back up:
When I can’t think of the right words to say
I just sing “oh oh oh)
Come on and harmonize with my melody
We’ll just sing “oh oh oh)
Ain’t it a Perfect Harmony?

Kevin (Yong Hwa):
You got me

Gwen (Shin Hye):
I got you

Kevin (Yong Hwa):
I got you

Gwen (Shin Hye):
You got me

Kevin (Yong Hwa):
You got me

Gwen (Shin Hye):
I got you

Gwen (Shin Hye) & Kevin (Yong Hwa):
A Perfect Harmony

(lights fade...)

Narrator: Like music, hearts do synch when they are meant to be. That... is destiny...serendipity. Kevin and Gwen are not only lovers. They are also... soulmates. Through music their hearts unite into a perfect harmony.

(Lights on. All casts went on stage. As a thank you for all the support they received for the school play, they had a mini concert for all the audiences.)

Kalm Dawn (Siwon, Hyun Jin, Taecyeon & Wonbin) performs Boyz II Men' songs medley.

Shin Hye & Hara dances Beyonce's Single Ladies.

Mentors (Seung Gi & Hong Ki) and Jaejoong sings Rain's songs (Love Song & I Do)

Yong Hwa, Jong Hun and Jong Hyun sings Jason Mraz's I'm Yours.

All Main Casts sings their final song ABBA's Thank You for the Music.

(All casts give their messages and make their final bow)


All photos and videos used: Special thanks to the rightful owner and uploader.

No comments:

Post a Comment