Sunday, May 4, 2014

Our Hearts Harmony: Chapter 4 - Fourth Week (Falling In Love)


Narrator: Kevin audition to be part of Strings Harmony.


(A chair to the right, Yong Hwa enters and sits down. The rest of the stage is dim. He grabs his guitar and plucks some strings.)

Kevin (Yong Hwa):
I always thought you were the best 
I guess I always will. 
I always thought that we were blessed 
And I feel that way still. 
Sometimes we took the hard road 
But we always saw it through. 

If I had only one friend left 
I'd want it to be you.

Sometimes the world was on our side 
Sometimes it wasn't fair. 
Sometimes it gave a helping hand 
Sometimes we didn't care.  

'Cause when we were together 
It made the dream come true. 

If I had only one friend left 
I'd want it to be you. 

Someone who understands me 
And knows me inside out. 
Helps keep me together 
And believes without a doubt, 
That I could move a mountain 
Someone to tell it to. 

If I had only one friend left 
I'd want it to be you.

(lights dim, then lights on to the other side of the stage)

Narrator: Rain came in the recording studio and met Gwen and Henry inside. The two bowed politely while greeting the president.

Rain (Jaejoong): I have selected the new member after a week of deliberation. Here he is (beckons the one in the dark to come in).

Gwen (Shin): (smiles and gushes) Kevin!!!!! (runs to him)

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Gwen, so glad to see you again!

Rain (Jaejoong): This could be a reunion between you two. Congratulations!

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (faces Rain) Daedanhi kamsahamnida, Sajangnim.

Rain (Jaejoong): I want the three of you to perform impromptu. Right now.

Henry (Jong Hun): (not happy that Kevin and Gwen were together) Ne....

Kevin (Yong Hwa) & Gwen (Shin Hye): Ne!

(The three get to their places with their guitars. Henry looking at the two in jealousy, because the two look at each other)


Rain (Jaejoong): Impress me.

Gwen (Shin Hye): 
Been running from these feelings for so long,
Telling my heart I didn't need it,
Pretending I was better off alone.
But I know that is just a lie.

Kevin (Yong Hwa):
So afraid to take a chance again;
So afraid of what I feel inside.

Kevin (Yong Hwa), Gwen (Shin Hye) & Henry on back vocals (Jong Hun):
But I need to be next to you. (Need to be next to you.)
oh, I oh, I
I need to share every breath with you. (Share every breath with you.)
oh, I oh, I
I need to know I can see you smile each morning,
Look into your eyes each night,
For the rest of my life.
Here with you; here with you.
oh I
I need to be next to you.
(need to be next to you)

Rain (Jaejoong): (claps) I am impressed! Now, you need to start working today. (fists hands) Hwaiting!

Kevin (Yong Hwa), Gwen (Shin Hye), & Henry (Jong Hun): Hwaiting!

Narrator: Henry was often left at the corners with his guitar because Kevin and Gwen were busy catching up or even practicing notes. He saw Kevin as a threat, because of him being the lead guitarist and vocalist while he became the second lead guitarist even if he also loved playing the guitar. Kevin was a threat to him, to his ambitions to be frontman and his ambitions to win Gwen’s heart. During lunch time, after practices, Henry would often pull Gwen off and told Kevin to eat alone. But Kevin would pull his BFF and told Henry that since the three of them were in a group, they will eat together. Because of that, Henry would silently storm off the music room in anger. Gwen was still so dense, but Kevin realized that Henry liked Gwen, but since he was the newcomer, he thought he would silently give in.


Kevin (Yong Hwa): We...I mean... you should go to him.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Wae~~?

Kevin (Yong Hwa): He’s in a bad mood. You need to cheer him up.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Araso, Kevin...

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (sees her off) I’d back off so you’ll live better...

Narrator: Indeed, Kevin ate alone, and only got to see Gwen by the time practices resumed. After practices, Gwen stated that she wanted to visit her oppa, but she had no idea where the Kalm Down dorm is. Kevin knew where it was, and so does Henry, but Henry knew that Patrick was also a threat to him, so he volunteered to take her there. Kevin looked at Henry in half-resignation, and allowed Gwen to go with him. As Kevin walked away, Gwen looked at her BFF in sadness. 

Narrator: And so, Henry took Gwen to the dorm, where they met Ben, who was practicing his song on the balcony.

Ben (Taecyeon): Annyeong!

Henry (Jong Hun): Annyeonghaseyo!

Gwen (Shin Hye): Annyeong, Oppa!

Ben (Taecyeon): (smiles from ear to ear) Why so serious, my dear little sister? Did Henry eat you? Did he quarrel you?

Gwen (Shin Hye): (flustered) Aniyo, Oppa... Henry is very kind to me...

Ben (Taecyeon): (looks at Jonghun and jokes) Ya~~ we know that I-have-a-cute-smile-so-fall-for-me status of yours, but please do not lure my sister, araso?

Henry (Jonghun): Ne...Sunbaenim... (scratches head)

Ben (Taecyeon): Ah, please have dinner with us. Patrick is cooking some scrumptious food. (rubs belly) Yum yum!

Henry (Jonghun): Ah, kwaenchanhayo... Keureom, I’ll go now...

Ben (Taecyeon) & Gwen (Shin Hye): Annyeong....

(Jong Hun leaves)

Ben (Taecyeon): He likes you.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Ne?

Ben (Taecyeon): (looks at her weirdly) Aish...you think I am dumb? I am a guy. I know he likes you, and it is pretty obvious. Patrick Starfish likes you too.

Gwen (Shin Hye): I know about Patrick-oppa...but...

Ben (Taecyeon): (smiles) Aigooooooo...my yeodongsaeng is so dense.. But I know one secret of yours.

Gwen (Shin Hye): (confused) Mwo?

Ben (Taecyeon): You like Kevin. 

Gwen (Shin Hye): .... (blushes and shakes head)

Ben (Taecyeon): Ya~~~ I know about that. So stop denying. Why would you keep on talking about him since high school if you do not have a heart for him? 

Gwen (Shin Hye): O...Oppa... I like Kevin...

Ben (Taecyeon): Hehe, I got you to admit!

Gwen (Shin Hye): Keunde, Oppa... I am afraid to tell him how I feel for him... I am afraid of rejection...

Ben (Taecyeon): Ooooooh, my sister is in love! And afraid! Ya... I had told you of the many flings I used to have, and I got rejected anytime. Rejection is normal, but sad... And how come I never knew that you confessed to Patrick in middle school?

Gwen (Shin Hye): MWO????? Otoke????? (cringes)

Ben (Taecyeon): I never knew you liked Patrick until he told me secretly. Ah, you are a lucky girl. You have three guys! (Hugs her)

Gwen (Shin Hye): (frowns) Oppa!

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Annyeonghaseyo?

Ben (Taecyeon): (let go of the hug) Annyeong?

Gwen (Shin Hye): Annyeong, Kevin...

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Sorry for the interruption...

Ben (Taecyeon): Oh, no worries! So, Jimmy-hyung sent you a text to have dinner here? (Yong Hwa nods) Perfect! We can have someone to wash the dishes afterwards, ahahahahah.

Gwen (Shin Hye): Oppa, I’ll help him wash the dishes.

Ben (Taecyeon): Ahahaha, I am just kidding. Besides, it is impolite to let the guests do the household chores.

Gwen (Shin Hye): (cringes at him) Ne...

Ben (Taecyeon): Ah, yes, please get inside Gwen because Michael have something to say...and Kevin, can we to talk?

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Ne... Sunbae...

(Shin Hye exits)


Ben (Taecyeon): You like her, do you?

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (forced to admit) Is...Am I too obvious, Sunbaenim?

Ben (Taecyeon): (smiles) I prefer her to be with you than to be with other guys. 

Kevin (Yong Hwa): But..but she’d rather be with Henry.

Ben (Taecyeon): Chincha? I don’t know about that! Hmmm... Anyway, just go for her. Henry and I are friends, and so are Patrick and me. I only knew recently that she had confessed to Patrick in middle school.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Ne?

Jimmy (Siwon): (gets in the seen) Ahoy! Why so serious you two? And why is Gwen with Michael? (sees the expression of the two).

Ben (Taecyeon): Kevin likes my sister.

Jimmy (Siwon): Keurae? I am not surprised. And honestly, I know.

Ben (Taecyeon): You do?

Jimmy (Siwon): (looks around before going near to them) I know I should not be saying this, but I am suspicious of the way Patrick is dealing with Gwen.

Ben (Taecyeon): Ya, Hyung! Why do you have to harbor a lot of secrets? What is it that you know that I do not know?

Jimmy (Siwon): (beckons the two) I know that Patrick is only flirting with Gwen to get revenge.

Kevin (Yong Hwa): MWO???? (tries to storm in)

Jimmy (Siwon): Chill! (holds Yong Hwa's arm) I will tell you why, Ben. Eversince Sam and Kevin got to be partners, Sam had a thing for my little boy here. Of course, I know. And some little bird told me that she had been spreading some news that Kevin is her boo, and that was what Patrick knew. But of course, Kevin here only thought of her as a little sis, and when they separated in high school, Patrick had been very furious for the breakup without even knowing the real thing. And of course, when I see their interaction the first time I introduced the group to the trainees, I had a feeling that there must be something between him and Gwen. And during that time that Sam came to the studio to confront Gwen, I was about to come in when I heard Sam accused her of stealing Kevin away from her. I saw Patrick drag his sister out of the room and told her that he was only flirting with Gwen to get her attention away from Kevin. I was sorry to listen, but I heard him say to her to audition so that Sam could train at our academy and debut with Kevin one day.

Ben (Taecyeon): (amazed) Whoa! You are Sherlocke Holmes! Where were you when Michael stole my underwear?

Jimmy (Siwon): He did not steal it. (smirks) I did!

Ben (Taecyeon): (hits his groupmate) Babo! Babo!

Kevin (Yong Hwa): Keunde, Hyung... how are you dealing with Patrick-hyung now? Are...are you being distant with him?

Ben (Taecyeon): Of course not, coconut. I am still friends with him, but you need to protect Gwen from him. Protect him from breaking her heart. (does a hwaiting fist) And protect her heart from Henry also.

Jimmy (Siwon): Ohohoh, she is lucky indeed! She has Patrick, she has Henry, she has Kevin!

Kevin (Yong Hwa): (smiles sadly) I am afraid to love her even if I love her much. I don’t want our group to disband just because Henry and I love the same girl.

Jimmy (Siwon): Don’t worry, araso? Time will find a way for the two of you, and Henry has to deal with it.


(Lights off, then on. Wonbin with his guitar and Shin Hye on vocals singing "Falling In Love")


You and me, we got along just fine
But deep inside I know there is more
Right next to you
I know you're the right one
Can't fight this feeling, I'm taking chances now

In my heart I feel that this is something real
I don't wanna let this moment go

(CHORUS 1)
Why oh Why, Do I feel this way?
When I'm with you I feel so alive
Why oh Why, will I hide away
I can't help it
I'm FALLING IN LOVE with you

Never ending nights when I'm alone with you
A lifetime of dreams coming true
Nothing comes close to what we have right now
You're the only one that matters now
In my heart I feel that this is something real
I don't wanna let this moment go

(CHORUS 2)
What if I fall in love?
What if I make you mine?
I wanna know if you'll be there by my side

(CHORUS 3)
You and me, we got along just fine
But deep inside I know there


All photos and videos used: Special thanks to the rightful owner and uploader.

No comments:

Post a Comment