Sunday, March 18, 2012

Secret Girlfriend... Secret Daughter...



Yong Hwa just finished the rehearsal with his fellow CN Blue band mates. They are preparing for their launch next month in Japan. Min Hyuk, Jung Shin and Jong Hyun all decided to go back to the dorm while Yong Hwa decided to stay at the practice room first.


“Hyung, we’ll be going back to the dorm now. Will you be coming with us?” Min Hyuk asks Yong Hwa.


“Aniyo. I’ll be meeting Shin Hye first.” Yong Hwa replied.


“Oh, spending quality time with your girlfriend.” Jung Shin teases Yong Hwa.


“What’s wrong with spending time with my girlfriend?” Yong Hwa asks.


“Hyung, Jung Shin is just teasing you. It’s just right that you spend quality time with her. We’ve been busy lately and the two of you seldom see each other.” Jong Hyun said.


“Yeah, I haven’t spent time with her lately. Unlike when we were still filming Heartstrings, at least we can see each other everyday.” Yong Hwa felt sad upon realizing that she hasn’t seen her girlfriend for almost a week now.


“Speaking of Shin Hye Eonni... Hyung, doesn’t she feel sad because your relationship is still a secret?” Min Hyuk asks.


Jung Shin also said, “Ne Hyung. Don’t you think it’s about time that you admit that the two of you are really a couple?”


“I really would want to. But the thing is... Shin Hye is afraid of antis. You all know how she gets affected with those issues right. I don’t want her to feel depressed because of that.” Yong Hwa replied.


“We know that Hyung. But don’t you think that keeping your relationship as a secret will only prolong the agony for both of you? First, you can’t go out together in public. If people will see you they will speculate that you are together. Second, when people ask you about your relationship, don’t you feel tired saying that you’re just friends? Or saying that you don’t see each other being boyfriend or girlfriend? Lastly, this is not only about you and Shin Hye Eonni. This is also about your families and supporters. I think they deserve to know the truth.” Jong Hyun said.


Shin Hye and Yong Hwa’s relationship was kept as a secret for almost two years now. They started as friends during their shoot for Minami Shineyo but in December of that year, they were officially a couple. The SBS drama award in 2009 was their first appearance as a couple or shall we say as a “secret couple”.


“I know. I’ve been thinking about it also. I know I owe to say the truth not only to our supporters but to our families too.” Yong Hwa feels guilty about it.


Jung Shin was surprised to hear that, “Mwo? You mean your families don’t know about it?”


“But both your managers knows about it right? How come your families don’t know?" Min Hyuk asks.


“Other than our and Shin Hye’s management, and you guys, Shin Hye’s family know about it also. My Appa and Hyung know too.” Yong Hwa said.


“How about your Umma?” Jong Hyun asks.


“She doesn’t know. I don’t know how she will react once I told her that Shin Hye and I are together.” Yong Hwa said.


“But Eomeoni like Shin Hye Eonni right?” Min Hyuk asks.


“And she likes Seo Hyun too.” Jung Shin replied.


“It’s because of the show. At that time Eomeoni doesn’t know that Yong Hwa and Shin Hye are already together.” Jong Hyun commented.


“That’s one of the reasons. I don’t know how she will react if I’ll tell her that during that time it was actually me and Shin Hye together.” Yong Hwa said.


Yong Hwa agrees to appear in We Got Married because of Shin Hye. She told him that in that way, people will not speculate about their relationship. But it was during those times that their relationship was put into test.





Shin Hye was already at the café with her manager when Yong Hwa arrives. As always, when the two meet her manager is always there.


“Annyeonghaseyo Hyung” Yong Hwa greets Shin Hye’s manager.


He sits besides Shin Hye and said “Annyeonghaseyo, Jagiya.” He smiles and winks at her.


“Yah, Yong. What’s with that smile and wink?” Shin Hye ask as she was surprised to Yong Hwa’s action. Usually Yong Hwa will sit in front of her and will only call her by name.


“Nothing, I just miss by Jagiya.” He answers mischievously and then he looks at Shin Hye’s manager.


“I will leave that two of you first. I need to buy something.” Manager Jun said as he understand what Yong hwa meant when he look at him.


“But Oppa…” Shin Hye is trying to stop him.


“Shin Hye, if you’re worried that other people might see you together. Don’t worry; this place is not that popular so it’s safe for the two of you. Araso?” Manager Jun assures Shin Hye.


“Yong Hwa, just call me when you two are finish talking. Annyeong.” Manager Jun said and left after that.


“Are you really afraid of antis Shin Hye? What if we just admit that we’re together? In that way we don’t have to hide anymore” Yong Hwa said to Shin Hye, hoping that she’ll agree with it.


“Mwo? Are you serious?” Shin Hye almost spit out the coffee that she is sipping when Yong Hwa said that.


“Ne. I’ve been thinking about it. We’ve been together for almost two years now. And within those two years I haven’t freely said to the whole world that you’re my girl. How much I love you. Sometimes how I wish I could be like Shin Woo when he said that Go Mi Nam was his girl, the girl she can’t admit to the public.” Yong Hwa said while looking at Shin Hye with a serious look.


“Oppa, I know how you feel. But we already talk about this right? It’s not only about me being afraid of the antis. We also need to consider your band. I don’t want to be a hindrance to your success.” She feels sad as she don’t know how to comfort her boyfriend.


“You don’t have to worry about that. I’ve already spoken to them. They are actually encouraging me to admit already. My management and Hyung Jun agrees also. So, I’m just waiting for you.” Yong Hwa reassures Shin Hye about her worries.


“But…” She’s still not sure about this but she’s been thinking about this also. “Araso, I’ll agree but with one condition.”


“Mwo-yo?” Yong Hwa asks with a worried look.


“You need to tell Eomeoni first about it before we let the public know.” Shin Hye said with a sweet smile on her face.


“As you wish my Jagiya… After our launch in Japan I’ll ask my manager to give me three days break so we can go together to Busan.” Yong Hwa holds Shin Hye’s hand and looks at her.


Shin Hye smile and said, “Gomawo my Jagiya.”






CN Blue’s launch in Japan was a big success. Yong Hwa already asks for three days break from his manager and he agrees. He already planned everything. Tomorrow he and Shin Hye will be going to Busan to tell his mother about their relationship. They were already on their van when Yong Hwa’s phone rings. It’s his mother.


“Annyeonghaseyo Umma.”


“Annyeonghaseyo Yong. Where are you?” his mother asks.


“I’m in the van now. We’re on our way to our dorm. Wae-yo?” Yong Hwa said.


“Good your back. Will you have free time this week?” she asks.


“Ne, Umma. I have three days break.” Yong Hwa replied.


“Chongmallyo! Good. Can you come here tomorrow? I want you to meet someone.” she was so excited and happy.


“Mwo-yo? Meet who? Umma…” He was interrupted by his mother.


“I want you to meet my secret daughter.” She said.


“Your what... secret daughter?” Yong Hwa almost shouted because of what his mother said.


“Yah, Yong. You don’t have to shout. You heard it right, my secret daughter.” She said sounding disappointed on Yong Hwa’s tone of voice.


“Choesonghamnida Umma” Yong Hwa felt sorry for what he did.


“Aniyo. It’s ok. Just make sure you’ll be here tomorrow. I really want you to meet her. She’s the daughter that I’ve been praying for to have. I’ll see tomorrow Yong. Annyeong.” She said happily.


“Annyeong Umma.” Yong Hwa sighs. All his enthusiasm suddenly disappears after that call from his mother. 


His band mates notice it.


Min Hyuk who is seating on his right said, “What’s wrong Hyung?”


“My Umma call me and he wants me to go to Busan tomorrow.”


“But you’re really going to Busan with Shin Hye right? This is your chance.” Jung Shin said.


“Ne.” Yong Hwa said while still looking at his phone.


“So what’s wrong?” Jong Hyun asks.


“Umma wants me to go to Busan because she wants me to meet her secret daughter.” Yong Hwa answers and looks at them like asking what he will do now.


The three boys were shock and said, “Mwo, secret daughter?”


“Ne. Looks like Umma really likes her a lot. She sounds so happy and excited” Yong Hwa said.


“Hyung, if she said daughter and you said she like her. Then it only means that she wants her to be your wife.” Jung Shin said to Yong Hwa.


“And if she wants her to be your wife, how will you tell her about Shin Hye Eonni?” Min Hyuk added.


Jong Hyun said, “You will not be in this situation if you have told her earlier. Now, what will you do?”


“I know. It’s even harder to tell her now. I don’t want to make my Umma sad. But I can’t afford to lose Shin Hye too.” Yong Hwa sounds frustrated and confused.


“Hyung, why don’t you call Shin Hye Eonni and tell her about this?” Min Hyuk suggested.


“I think Min Hyuk is right. She should know about this cause she’s involve in this situation too.” Jung Shin agrees with Min Hyuk.


Yong Hwa dials Shin Hye’s number. He tried four times already but he’s redirected to her voice mail.


“Where is she? Why is her phone off?” Yong Hwa sounds worried.


“Hyung, wae-yo?” Jung Shin asks.


“Shin Hye’s phone is off.”


“Why don’t you try calling Hyung Jun?” Min Hyuk said.


Yong Hwa dials Manger Jun number. Good thing Manager Jun answers it.


“Yoboseyo”


“Annyeonghaseyo Hyung. Mianhe if I disturb you” Yong Hwa apologized.


“Aniyo, it’s ok. Wae-yo?” Manager Jun asks.


“I’ve been calling Shin Hye and seems like her phone is off. Do you know where she is right now?” Yong Hwa politely asks.


“Ne. I think she visits her friend again.” Manager Jun replies.


“Mwo-yo? Her friend...?” Yong Hwa was surprised to hear that. Shin Hye never mentioned about visiting a friend.


“You mean she never told you? She’s been visiting her friend for quite sometime now. And every time she visits this friend she will turn off her phone.” Manager Jun explains to Yong Hwa.    


“Turn off her phone? Why does she have to do that? Do you know who that friend is?” Yong Hwa is now getting curious and jealous knowing that Shin Hye is meeting a friend without telling him.


“Mianhe Yong Hwa. I don’t know also. All I know that friend is special to Shin Hye.” Manager Jun said.


“Special? Aissh…” Yong Hwa’s face turns red because of jealousy.


“Yong Hwa, gwaenchana?” Manager Jun asks because of Yong Hwa’s response.


“Ne. Ah, Hyung if Shin Hye called, can you please tell her to call me?” Yong Hwa tried to calm himself.


“Ne. I will.” Manager Jun said.


“Kamsahamnida Hyung. Annyeong” He said then ended their conversation.


“Hyung, where is Shin Hye Eonni?” Min Hyuk asks.


“She’s with her special friend.” He sounds irritated.


“Special friend...?” Min Hyuk exclaim.


“Ne, Hyung Jun said she visits her special friend. And she’s been doing this for quite sometime now.” Yong Hwa explains with an irritated tone.


“But why does she turn off her phone?” Jung Shin was curious.


“I don’t know too. And Hyung Jun doesn’t even know who her friend is?”


“You mean Shin Hye Eonni is hiding something from you? Who could be that special friend? ” Jong Hyun teases Yong Hwa.


“Ne. Aissshhh… I thought it’s going to be a good break.” Yong Hwa is now irritated and frustrated.


“So what are you going to do now?” Jung Shin asks.


“What else? Since Shin Hye is busy with her 'special friend'. I might as well visit my Umma and meet her secret daughter.” Yong Hwa emphasized the word 'special friend'.






Yong Hwa is driving the car that his manager lends him on his way to Busan. While driving he is still thinking of Shin Hye. He is jealous and at the same time worried about her. He called Manager Jun today before leaving to check if she already call him. But Shin Hye still haven’t contact him. He’s planning to bring Shin Hye with him today. He’ll tell his mother that Shin Hye is the girl that he love and will convince her that she’s a perfect daughter too. He will ask his father and brother to help him. But his plan didn’t push through because Shin Hye is still unreachable.


Nevertheless, he still contacts his father and brother to ask about the secret daughter his mother is talking about. But both don’t know about it. They said they only know when Yong Hwa asks them. So it seems that only her mother actually met her.


“Is this happening because I kept this secret to my Umma?”


Yong Hwa reach the restaurant that he’ll be meeting her Umma. The same restaurant when Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun met her mother for the show We Got Married.


“Why of all places Umma would want us to meet here? Don’t tell me her secret daughter is? Aniyo… It can’t be” Yong Hwa is trying to erase the thought that Seo Hyun is his mother’s secret daughter.


Yong Hwa was guided by the manager to the same room they went during WGM shoot.


“Omo, this can’t be happening”


Her mother was already there.


“Yong, finally you’re here” His mother looks very happy seeing him.


“Annyeonghaseyo Umma” He hugs and kiss his mother on her cheeks.


“Yong how’s your Japan launch?” His mother asks.


“It’s great Umma. All the shows are well attended. I hope this will continue. Mianhe, if I wasn't able to call you always and spend time with you.” Yong Hwa is really sorry for not spending time with his family.


“Aniyo. It’s ok. I got to spend time with my daughter.” She smiles mischievously.


“Oh yeah, your secret daughter... Where is she? I thought you’ll introduce her to me today?” Yong Hwa asks and is actually hoping that his mother will tell him that she’s not coming.


“She’ll be coming in a few minutes. She’s staying in the nearest hotel here. Wae-yo, are you excited to see her?” His mother asks him.


“Aniyo, I was just wondering why she’s not here. Umma, I need to…” He was interrupted by his mother.


“Yong, do you still remember this place... especially this room?”


“Ne, Umma” He answers.


“This is the place where you first introduce a girl to me right?” Then she smiles.


“Ne Umma. But it’s not the first time that I introduce a girl to you. I already introduce someone to you in Seoul during our launch in 2010.” Yong Hwa clarifies to his mother.


“Ne I remember that. How can I forget that special day?” She said.


“Chongmallyo? Then I think you need to…” His mother’s phone rings.


“Yoboseyo. Are you here already?” she pauses for a moment. “Aniyo, we’ll wait for you don’t worry.”


Yong Hwa is too focus looking and listening to his mother's conversation over the phone. He didn’t notice that someone already went out of the curtain behind him. That someone kneel behind Yong Hwa and put her hand on Yong Hwa’s eyes.


“Mwo? What’s the meaning of this?” Yong Hwa was surprised and was trying to remove the hand on his eyes. But his mother stops him.


“Aniyo Yong. Don’t remove her hand”


“Wae-yo?” He tries to remove the hand again. “But why…” Suddenly when he holds the hand of the person covering his eyes, he felt like those hands are familiar to him.


“This hands…” but the person removes her hands already and gave Yong Hwa a kiss on his cheek. Then she sits beside him.


Yong Hwa was surprised to see the girl sitting beside him.






“Shin Hye?!” He even rubs his eyes twice just to make sure that he’s not hallucinating or something.


“Yah, Yong. It’s really me. Are you expecting someone else?” Shin Hye said like she is upset.


"Aniyo” he said. Then he kissed and hugs her. His mother is smiling while looking at them.


Then Yong Hwa’s father and brother joined them.


“Appa, Hyung. Why are you here?” Yong Hwa asks them.


“Your Umma asks us.” His father said and sits beside his wife.


“Actually we were already behind with Shin Hye when you arrived” His brother said and sits to his left side.


“Mwo-yo? So it means you know about this already?” Yong Hwa asks.


“Aniyo. Your Umma just told us this morning and when you call she told us not to tell you about this.” His father explains.


Then Yong Hwa looks at Shin Hye who is smiling while listening to their conversation.


“And how about you... Park Shin Hye-ssi?”


“Ne?” Shin Hye was surprised.


“How long have you been hiding this to me? And who is that special friend that you always visit that even Hyung Jun doesn’t know?” He asks while smiling at her.


“Hiding what? Special friend?” she asks and acts like she doesn’t know what he is asking.


“Ne, and why do you have to turn off your phone? Don’t you know how worried I am…” Yong Hwa wasn’t able to continue what he want to say as Shin Hye shut his mouth with a kiss and said.


“Omo, my Jagiya is jealous. I’ll tell you everything on our way to Seoul. Araso?”


“You really have to my jagiya” he said then gives her a kiss too.


“So are you happy now Yeobo?” Yong Hwa’s father asks his wife.


“Ne, Yeobo. Finally my prayer has been answered.” She said and hugs her husband.


“Ehem… I should have come with my yeojachingu too. But since she’s not with me, can we all order now?” his brother said.


“Ne!” they all agree.


When the food was already served, Yong Hwa’s brother said.


“Before we eat I just want to say something. Starting today there will be no more secret daughter” he said and looks at Shin Hye and Yong Hwa. “And I hope no secret girlfriend and boyfriend too”


Yong Hwa and Shin Hye nodded and smile. They all enjoy the food.






On their way back to Seoul…


“Shin Hye-ah… you’re no longer a secret girlfriend. Are you ready to be Yong Hwa’s girlfriend?” he asks while smiling at her.


“Ne Oppa. I’ve been ready since the day that I agree to be your girlfriend” she said and kisses him.

All photos and videos used: special thanks and credit to the rightful owner and uploader. 

1 comment:

  1. I really luv this fanfic . . . i have been reading this every now and then and never get tired going back rereading it again .... thanks emotionalstar . . . still waiting for more of your wonderful fanfics

    ReplyDelete