Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Valentine's Day Dating Game: Chapter 1 - The Host, The Searcher and The Mysterious Men





MBC Music special Valentine’s Day Dating Game show is about to start at 6pm. At the backstage, the host Kim Hee Chul was already with the searcher Park Shin Hye.

Hee Chul: Shin Hye-ah, are you nervous?

Shin Hye: Ne, Hee Chul-ssi.

Hee Chul: Don’t be too formal ah. Just call me Oppa.

Shin Hye: Oh, mianhe. Oppa.

Hee Chul: I wonder who will be the guys that you'll be choosing for tonight.

Shin Hye: Oppa, you don’t know who they are?

Hee Chul: Ne. They didn’t tell me. They said I might tell them to you.

Shin Hye smile. Hee Chul is known to be careless sometimes when it comes to secret that’s why maybe they kept it as a secret to him.

Shin Hye: Chincha? Will you oppa?

Hee Chul: Hmmm… I don’t know. Maybe yes... maybe no. Kekeke.

Shin Hye: I think that’s the reason. Kekeke.

They were having a good time talking when the staff already call Hee Chul to inform him that the show is about to start.

At the signal of the director Hee Chul starts the show.



Hee Chul: Annyeonghaseyo Hee Chul-imnida! Omo, today is Valentine’s day and yet all of you are here. You also don’t have a date like me?

Audience: Ne. (They all replied loudly)

Hee Chul: Do you want to be my date?

Audience: Ne. (They shouted and some giggle)

Hee Chul: Araso. We’ll talk about that later. But for now, we are here to find a Valentine Date for a beautiful lady. A lady who’s most male k-pop artist’s mother want her to be their daughter-in-law. Hmm… I think I should ask my Umma too, maybe she also like her. (He act like getting something from his pocket) Aigoo, I forgot my phone. These guys should be thankful that I forgot my phone. If not, they won’t have any chance for our searcher. If my Umma said she likes her, I will not let her choose anymore and ask her as my date for tonight.

The audience laughed. They are enjoying the cleverness of Hee Chul.

Hee Chul: I won’t keep you waiting. Ladies and gentlemen, please meet our searcher for tonight. The face of MBC Music… Ms. Park Shin Hye.

Shin Hye appear on the stage wearing a yellow mini dress which she wore before in her Taiwanese series “Hayate the Combat Butler”



Shin Hye: Annyeonghaseyo Park Shin Hye-imnida. (She said to the audience and then turns to Hee Chul) Annyeonghaseyo Hee Chul-ssi.

Hee Chul: Annyeonghaseyo. Shin Hye-ah, you can just call me Hee Chul Oppa. If at the end of the show you can’t choose among the guys, well... you have Hee Chul Oppa here. (He winks at her) Am I right? (He asks the audience)

Audience: Ne, Hee Chul Oppa! (The audience shouts)

Hee Chul: See Shin Hye…

Shin Hye: Araso Hee Chul Oppa. (She smiles)

Hee Chul: Omo, don’t you smile like that. I may not continue hosting this dating game.

Shin Hye: Wae-yo?

Hee Chul: Because I will ask one of those guys there to go out and do the hosting. I’ll replace him so I could have the chance to be your date.

Shin Hye: Mwo?

Hee Chul: I’m just kidding. Kekeke. Araso, I’ll be serious now. I won’t tease you anymore. Before we get to know the mysterious guys behind those three doors, let me ask you first Shin Hye.

Shin Hye: Ne?

Hee Chul: Are you expecting that one of these guys could be someone you know or maybe close to you?

Shin Hye: Aniyo.

Hee Chul: Wae-yo?

Shin Hye: I don’t think they will join.

Hee Chul: What make you say that?

Shin Hye: If one of them did join, I’m sure he will let me know so that I’ll choose him.

Hee Chul: You think so?

Shin Hye: Ne.

Hee Chul: Well… Just to let know Shin Hye. All our guests here agreed that they won’t let anyone know that they will be joining this special Valentine’s Day dating game. And neither each of them knew who they will be competing with. So, there is really a possibility that one of them knew you.

Shin Hye: Chincha? I hope I will choose that person. At least I will feel more comfortable.

Hee Chul: And if you didn’t choose him?

Shin Hye: Well… Let’s just see.

Hee Chul: Then let’s just see. I will explain to you first the flow of our dating game tonight. As I mentioned a while ago, you won’t see them. You will only hear them but…

Shin Hye: But?

Hee Chul: But we will change the sound of their voice when they speak so that you will not recognize them.

Shin Hye nods.

Hee Chul: They will be given five questions to answer, four from us and one personal question from you. These questions will help you decide on who you will choose. So, prepare a question that you think will help you decide. Are you ready now Shin Hye?

Shin Hye: Ne.

Hee Chul: Now, let’s meet the three mysterious guys that will try to capture Shin Hye’s heart and be her date for tonight.

The lights on the special walls opens.

Hee Chul: Mystery Guy Number 1 please say something about your self.



MG1 (Geun Suk): Annyeonghaseyo Shin Hye-ssi. A beautiful princess like you should not be spending this special day alone. Allow me to be your prince for tonight or yet be your prince for life.

Hee Chul: Omo, Shin Hye. He doesn’t only want to be your date tonight, looks like he’s planning to see you more after this.

Shin Hye: Let see later if he is really meant to be my prince.

Hee Chul: Now, it’s your turn Mystery Guy Number 2.



MG2 (Hong Ki): Annyeonghaseyo Shin Hye-ssi. For a bubbly girl like you, a buddy or friend should be your date for tonight. We will enjoy the day as comfortable as we can. Then we will see what happens next. As they say a relationship that starts in friendships last longer.

Hee Chul: This one wants to be your friend first and will just see if you could be more than that.

Shin Hye: That’s nice. At least I will have a new friend.

Hee Chul: Now, Mystery Guy Number 3, tell us about your self.




MG3 (Yong Hwa): Annyeonghaseyo Shin Hye-ssi. I don’t want to be your prince nor your friend. Just let me be your date tonight and I’ll be the happiest man.

Hee Chul: Shin Hye-ah this one only wants to date you. He doesn’t plan of meeting you after this.

Shin Hye: Ne. Is he only forced to come tonight? Kekeke.

Hee Chul: So now that you heard them, do you have any idea of who they are?

Shin Hye: Aniyo. The sound of their voice is different so it’s hard for me to recognize who they are.

Hee Chul: If that’s the case, we will have a short break and after that we will start the game.

All photos and videos used: special thanks and credit to the rightful owner and uploader.  

No comments:

Post a Comment